Monday, June 16, 2014

Update-Week 19

People have kindly been asking how I have been feeling so I thought this was the best way to update. Depending on the day my answers range from Good! to Okay, to something that isn’t always intelligible. So here it is.

We have been doing progesterone shots for 3 weeks and will do one every Tuesday. We did our first shot at home and other than some wiggling on Jared’s part, it went well. The shots themselves are fairly painless with little to no bruising. Little with Jared and none with the nurse. About a day and a half after the shot though, the side effects hit. Migraines, dizziness, nausea and extreme moodiness. It’s pretty much just pregnancy symptoms amplified by a thousand! Last week I cried at the thought of Molly going to kindergarten. In 2015. I routinely tell my husband to excuse me because I am having a crazy moment.

The migraines are by far the most trying of the side effects but I have found some relief in magnesium and essential oils. Kind friends offered me a ton of advice but sadly some of it is just not a possibility. I can’t take any prescription medications at all and have very little time in the day to rest with an ice pack on my neck(though I know that works wonders!). Many suggested the chiropractor but as a Mom of 2 premature babies my Doctor will not allow it and most chiropractors wouldn’t touch me if he did. As I have never been to one, it was pretty low on my list anyways. So for now I am avoiding caffeine and watching my salt intake. I drink a coffee if I feel it coming on and that does seem to help a bit. Plus, it’s yummy. I have been using peppermint essential oil on my temples and lavender on my feet to help as well. I can’t say they are gone but they are not as bad as the first week when I wanted to cry all the time.

On the upside, the baby is kicking constantly now and kicking hard enough for Jared and the girls to feel it as well. Emily likes to sit on the couch and watch cartoons with her hand up my shirt. To passers-by it would look a bit odd but I find it sweet. She also insists on kissing the baby goodnight before nap and bed times. With the extra movement means that I am getting less sleep, or I should say, taking longer to fall asleep. Once I am asleep, I could stay there for days Smile with tongue out

The girls are both excited but Emily is the one who is very interested. We just had a friend have a baby and they are both really beginning to understand that the baby in my belly will also be a real baby like hers. Emily is insistent that the baby needs to be a girl and Molly really wants a boy. At least one of them will be happy. We will find out in a few more weeks.

Continued prayer for a full term pregnancy and relief from the migraines would be greatly appreciated! I am not getting all of my projects done I was hoping too but the baby won’t care if the painting is done. I am focused on staying as healthy as possible and enjoying this pregnancy as much as possible.

No comments: