Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Love the Skin You Are In!

---I need to preface this post by saying that I am not in any way shape or form endorsed by the companies I am about to tout. I spend my own good money on them and have never regretted a purchase. I am sharing just for the love of the products.---
I have had skin issues my whole adult life. Actually, I remember being a pre-teen and not being able to sleep at night because my legs itched so badly. As I get older, (almost 28 people!) it is only getting worse. Red bumps all over my legs, constantly dry, flaky skin on my face and oh the itching!!! I would find a new lotion at Walmart and it would provide relief for a few weeks but inevitably, before the bottle was even empty, I would break out in itchy red spots every time I use it.
And then I found Renew. A friend had been using it for many years and had recommended it a couple of times but I had been hesitant to try it because of the price. Now I am going to be honest. The price is high. About $19 for a 20oz bottle. A dollar an ounce is quite a bit higher than I would normally consider spending on anything but after the first bottle I was hooked. I use it on my entire body every day and it lasts me a couple of months. I even apply it to my face in place of moisturizer. No more itching, no more bumps and no more flaking! The lotion is the best feeling I have ever used as well. I use it to treat Molly’s dry skin and Caleb’s eczema and we all love it.
http://www.melaleuca.com/ProductStore/Product?sku=6600
When Molly was born she had slight eczema and very dry skin so our doctor told us not to bathe her more than once a week and to use a very mild bar soap like Dove. Well, Molly was a puker so we had to do more baths than that but using Dove over baby soap really did make a difference. Of course, it doesn’t have that awesome baby smell. So since it helped Molly so much, I decided to switch over all of our soap to Dove. It did help considerably but tended to leave a bit of a residue and it was still more drying for my skin than I liked. After much experimenting with other brands I was in our local grocery store one day and got a whiff of something amazing. And that was the beginning of my love affair with Pacha Soaps. These soaps are made here in Hastings and have the most amazing scent combinations. They are colored naturally and feel soooo good! I stopped using a bathroom air freshener because every time someone washes their hands, the house is flooded with the amazing scent of lemon and lavender. Once again, this is a product that I wouldn’t normally have spent this much money on but the feeling of the soap can’t be beat. It feel luxurious but is good for our skin and I love their mission statement.
http://www.pachasoap.com/
I have so many friends with skin issues and not every person will be able to use the same regimen but hopefully, my experience can help someone else out. Molly used to lay in bed and scratch her legs until they were red because they itched so badly. Now she doesn’t and as long as this lotion helps our skin, I will continue to pay the high amounts to make sure she doesn’t deal with it for as many years as I did.
The Renew lotion must be bought through a distributor but I have a friend who sells it so anyone who is interested I can get her info.

No comments: