Wednesday, February 1, 2017

28 day detox

I am a huge fan of Cassey Ho and her website, Blogilates! I have been contemplating trying her 28 day Reset for awhile but it is a pretty hefty commitment so I needed to be prepared. February seems like the perfect time to do something for 28 days! The reset requires you to give up gluten, sugar, dairy, alcohol and pre-packaged foods for 28 days. I gave up sugar last February and was surprised at how easy it is. Gluten and dairy will be the hardest for me because I LOVE bread and lattes. I've tried G/F bread but it really doesn't compare and in this instance I think I would rather do without altogether.
Now, to be totally honest, I am going to cheat. I need coffee and I very much prefer coffee with cream so I am still going to drink my cream in my coffee each morning. I also have plans to cheat on Valentines day when we go out for dinner with friends.
I don't plan on updating my progress daily but I wanted to share the recipes that I plan on doing. Some are old recipes and some are new but all look like foods we would normally eat. I don't have recipes for all of these because some are just part of our repertoire and I just fudge my way through them each time.

1. Lemon chicken with roasted brussels sprouts. 
2. Chicken stew
3. Roast chicken and root veggies  
I make this all the time but I add some Herbs de Provence for some oomph!
4. eggs, ham and biscuits(for them, not me) 
I bought a Kretschmar ham at Walmart recently for a great deal and it is so good that I could probably eat just ham for a few days.
5. BLT breakfast salad 
I have not tried this one but it looks REALLY good! I will omit avocado because we despise that weird green fruit.
6. Beef stroganoff(I will pull mine out before adding sour cream and serve over taters) 
7. tacos(no cheese for mine and corn tortillas) 
8. turkey wraps and fruit 
9. cabbage and bacon 
We loved this! I usually add cheese but this time I will just top the family's with cheese and leave mine plain.
10. chinese 
Served with fried rice
11. bratwurst and fries
I make my fries in the oven and they are sooo good!
12. twice baked breakfast potatoes 
I found a recipe for Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes and it looked great! Except the sweet potato, ew. So we will do it without. Basically it is a twice baked potatoe with ham/bacon and an over easy egg on top. Season with green onion. It looks so good and we are huge egg fans!
13. taco salads 
14. chicken with zuchinni noodles and pesto sauce
No recipe here. I will just bake some herbed chicken thighs and serve them over the pesto "pasta".

No comments: