Monday, February 27, 2017

March challenge

It's almost March which means, I can eat bagels again soon!
Also, it means Spring Cleaning!
This year, I am making my usual cleaning list, including things like, waxing the kitchen floor, cleaning ceilings and airing the mattresses, but I am also adding to it this year.
I have decided to embrace my inner minimalist. I think that if I hadn't gotten married, I would have become one of those really strange minimalists who lived in an apartment with 2 bowls. I would have never had company because I wouldn't have a spare chair. But I did get married and had children and they enriched my life so fully that they filled my house full of stuff!
I think I am pretty good at removing surplus stuff from our home but it still builds up. So I am digging a little deeper this year.
As our children get older, our lives are getting a little busier and more hectic. Because of that, I want our home to be as simple and calming as possible. I've noticed that my kids are stressed by putting away their laundry because their drawers don't close. That is undue stress for them and the best thing for them would be to remove it from their lives.
I am making my list and schedule and plan on sharing that with you soon. I'd love it if you followed along and joined me in making your life simpler but don't feel like you need to follow my schedule. We all have different areas in our life that collect clutter. Mine is my kitchen, my daughters have their closet and Caleb owns a thousand toy cars. Work on the areas in your life that are weighing you down.
Stay tuned for more!

No comments: