Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Back to the real world

So I took two days off of being an adult. I spent a great Sunday afternoon with two of the best friends a girl could want. We watched movies and talked until 2:30 in the morning. It's a good thing I don't work Monday mornings! Now it is back to the real world. I am at school today working on some projects I don't understand.
This week another of my friends is entering the married life. I am leaving on Thursday to help her with all of the work that a venture like this requires.
In another couple of weeks I will be shopping with another friend for her wedding dress. We are all growing up. Pretty soon we will be scattered across states and continents. As we grow up I tend to miss the old days. I truly miss the days when our biggest worry was our homework.
I suppose we have to grow up but I do wish that time would go by slower!

I intend on preserving these friendships. No matter how hard it is across an ocean or a stateline! We are friends and I intend on keeping it that way. So often people stop communicating when there is distance between them. I know I have done it.

I am not sure what my life will be like without my sisters. That is what they are to me, sisters. I don't know how I am going to feel when I can't just pick up the phone and call them whenever I want or spend a weekend with them for no other reason than because I want to.

This is such a bittersweet time on our lives because we are all moving on to what we have always wanted but at the same time we are going to lose these connections that have been there for so long. I guess that is the price we pay for moving on. Does anyone else wish Never-Never-Land was real?

No comments: