Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Nostalgia

I love the smell of fall in Hastings. It smells of the bread factory and ethanol with a crisp coolness to the air that reminds me of apple tree. It brings back so many wonderful memories of the days spent here. I love the way the colors change all of a sudden here. There is no slow bleeding of colors from green to brown. It is almost instant. One day they are a lovely green and the next they are the brown that lets you know, winter is coming. It helps you remember how quickly things can change. I find it amazing that everyone I know seeks to get away from this community and I can't seem to bury myself deep enough into it. God sure knew where I belonged. I am looking forward to a walk tonite in the brisk fall air with the scents of fall surrounding my husband and I as we pick our usual fall/winter conversation. He hates winter you see. I think he is insane. I look forward to our first snowfall and how beautiful the ground looks for those first few undisturbed hours. He will tell me that snow is awful and that we shouldn't talk about it because it makes him depressed and I will tell him that he has to take me sledding and he will say no. Ahhh, I love fall!

Can anyone tell that I am easily amused?

1 comment:

Huskerbabe said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you said you were looking forward to snow..........