Monday, September 19, 2011

Blessings

Three years ago today I was wearing a viking hat and having dinner with about 40 people.  My bridesmaid and I spilled blue fingernail polish on my mom's very nice carpet and I got a terrible nights sleep. 

All of that happened because 3 years ago tomorrow I married my best friend.

I don't like weddings.  See I wanted to get married in the courthouse.  Or maybe at the beach.  Maybe even in a church with nobody else there.  But...Jared wanted a wedding.  Sigh.  So we had a wedding.  A giant fancy wedding with the big poofy white dress(I actually really liked that part) and a large cake that I did not eat and a dance.  Had it been left up to me, we may very well have had a bonfire on the beach of Lake Mac whilst wearing our swimsuits and splashing in the waves.  But we didn't.  And Jared loved it.  So I did too. 

I think it made my Mom happy too. 

And now that we are married, I can't imagine it being any different.  I love our pictures.  I love the memories.  I love the fact that my grandparents got to see me get married.  I am so happy that we were married by my pastor before he moved(Jared calls him Colonel Sanders).

Most of all, I am happy I married my husband.  In three years we have experienced a lot.  Jared lost his job, then we found out we were pregnant and had a beautiful baby girl all before our first anniversary.  Now, two daughters and many rough times later we are still just as happy as we were on that day.  (Well in my case more because I don't have to decorate any silly tables or pretend to care about flower arrangements). 

We live a boring simple life and we love it.  We are blessed.

2 comments:

Huskerbabe said...

Ah yes...the viking hats. :) I'm so glad you have such a great man to take care of you and love you. I couldn't have done a better job if you would have let me pick your husband for you.
Love you both!
Mom

Jenni said...

Cute! I didn't care about all the silly details, and we did our best to keep our wedding small and simple. I think those are the best kind because you can actually enjoy them, as it sounds you did yours! Happy Anniversary!